Friday, March 25, 2011

Buttermilk Popcorn

I share this not because I'm an extraordinary cook who is graciously willing to share delectable insights.
I'm not.
I do like to cook, though. I've had a unique collection of teachers throughout my life, and I am immensely grateful to each of them for teaching me: everything from the value of wholesome, nourishing foods, to the miraculous beauty of flavors and textures perfectly entwined.

But I'm sharing the following for no other reason than the fact that I'm just pumped for our weekly popcorn and smoothie night tonight! Some question how Shawn in particular can feel satiated after a meal of popcorn and smoothies. Well, first of all, it shouldn't be Shawn they're concerned about! 7.5 times out of 10, I eat more than him. Secondly, we make a lot of popcorn and a lot of smoothie.

Back to the point: We sprinkle our popcorn with a mixture that I crave week after week.

1 Tablespoon powdered buttermilk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
3/4 teaspoon sea salt

Actually, I make larger batches of this and sprinkle a few tablespoons of the mixture on the popcorn. But if you want to test it out, best make this smaller batch first. Mix it up, and add to your buttered popcorn.

And, because I'm salivating so much right now, I need to tell you that my favorite ingredient in our smoothies (besides the frozen, homegrown bananas and pineapple) is coconut milk.

Okay! Finished. Time to make some popcorn and get back to that family puzzle with the kids.

Licking my lips...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...