Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jet-lagged...but Here

I have no photo for you today. But if I did, it would surely be of a man emerging slowly out of the dust-swirled road.
Basically, if I took a photo of anything, it would be dust-covered. Everything is dust-covered at the moment, and you know how cameras take to large quantities of dust. So no photos for now.
I can still tell you that we made it safely...all five of us and our ten bags. No complications. Yay.
The kids were champs. And I am so very thankful to say they are sleeping through the night (and happy to be back in their own beds)!
I have not been so blessed, but it will come. Jet lag seems to be more cruel to me the older I get.

In the meantime, ponder something I recently read (sorry, I cannot remember the author):

His thoughts said: "My longing is to heal the broken and the weak, to defend the maimed, and to lead the blind to sight of the glory of the Lord. My choice is to be a corn of wheat and fall into the ground and die.
Then why these waverings?"


His Father said: "Too much of your surface is exposed to the breath of every wind that blows. You must learn to dwell deep."


I wrote this down about a month ago, but it is hitting me more deeply now... as I watch and feel these dry and dusty winds blowing. I long to physically sink deep into the cooler levels of the earth, and my spirit also craves to dwell deeper.

What are you craving in this season?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...