Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First "American" Lessons

We are stateside. It was not quite the uneventful trip we were hoping for (a lady next to us had a heart attack on one of our flights! There was lots of drama surrounding that...), but we made it.

AND our Ava is officially an American!

The children are adjusting more each day to the new time zone. I knew "Twinkle Twinkle" at 4:30 in the morning couldn't last forever....

So far we've had lessons on dishwashers, steering wheels on the "girls' side" of the car (apparently I don't drive enough in Africa!), and the central vac. Sweeping quickly became a fought over chore.

I have not taken a single photo yet. I'm blaming it on my own struggle to overcome jet lag. I might not sing before the birds are awake, but I still find myself rather foggy during the day. But I'll try to change all that soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...