Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Easter in the Zs family:

Good Friday-- hot cross buns, dying eggs (using red cabbage and turmeric) reflections on the Cross
sorry, photos of hot cross buns were blurry, and brown eggs--no matter how you dye them--just aren't pretty enough to photograph!

Holy Saturday-- bonfire with Samuel Family

this night deserves an entire post unto itself...

Easter morning--Hallelujah rock unburied from bowl of dirt and ashes, Lenten bare sticks exchanged for an explosion of fragrant flowers


We also announced the glorious morning news on morning glory trumpets!





Today we are enjoying another family day--here in Uganda, "Easter Monday" is considered a holiday.

We'd love to hear about some highlights of your Easter! 


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sorry to say my Easter wasn't as thrilling as I'd hoped since I was cleaning up dog sickness from both ends from two dogs! I was not thrilled.......

I did manage to get the Easter egg bread baked though as that is a must have here with The Native's. It is a sweet bread made into braided wreaths. You stick colored eggs here and there in the braids and it comes out a pretty colorful wreath when it is done baking.

Your children are so beautiful. I got a kick out of the blowing of the horns.

Shawn & Courtney said...

Rachel, first of all, YUCK. I would have been battling the grumps if that had happened to me...

second, I have heard of that Easter egg bread. It sounds AMAZING. I am very hesitant when it comes to baking breads (we have a not-so-great history, breads and I), but I would like to try that sometime. I WILL NOT try it for the first time ON EASTER, though, because failed bread can also easily lead to the grumps. :)

W-S Wanderings said...

I am just reading this post now, and am a little sad that I never did post about our Easter weekend. Ahh, time and its wings. Rachel, that bread does sound wonderful! Courtney, I'm not so great with the bread either :-( I AM pretty fabulous with getting grumpy though...

Shawn & Courtney said...

"I AM pretty fabulous with getting grumpy though..."
HA! Thank you for that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...