Monday, August 8, 2011

More than students

This group of young people have become more than just my students.


They have become young men and women I love deeply. Teaching them is a privilege and a blessing. I love our discussions, interactions, and watching them learn and discover. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they love it too. They are special; and though I will miss them this next term, I am excited to continue our relationship next year.
Each of them has such potential and hope.
If they graduate O levels with a deepened love for reading, an appreciation for good literature, and an ability to engage with anything they read, I will count that as great success. I hope they will have been challenged to strive for excellence; I hope they will have seen what they are truly capable of; and I hope they will have been encouraged to ponder the things of life in new ways.


They are treasures.

1 comment:

W-S Wanderings said...

Such bright beautiful moments you have shared here. The interaction, the laughter, the relationships. Stunning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...