Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BONHOEFFER

I have been intrigued by his life for a long time. His courage, his conviction, his commitment. The latest (and most comprehensive) biography on his life is definitely not for the faint of heart!


I'd say the photo on the cover is intimidating enough! But then there's the size...



I may be a "book person," but I categorize anything over 500 pages as a Yikes! book. Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy is definitely a Yikes! book. But thus far I can say that the pages seem to turn so quickly and easily that I'll be finished before I know it. Right now I am hooked.
Summary: If you're not fascinated by Bonhoeffer's life and World War 2, don't bother. But if you are, this just might be a Yikes! book worth committing to.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...